Business Writing Training Course Information
Duration: 1 Day 9am – 4:30pm Price: $530
|November 2015||December 2015||January 2016||February 2016||March 2016|
|Business Writing||1 Day Course||13 November||15 December||18 January||29 February||22 March|
Target Audience & Purpose
This course will benefit anyone who uses written communication in their day-to-day work activities.
Writing is a key method of communication in the workplace, and yet it’s one that many people struggle with. The aim of this workshop is to give you the tools and techniques you need to write clear, concise and readable business documents that give your readers a favourable impression of you and your organisation.
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch plus morning & afternoon tea
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Plan your business writing, taking into account a document’s purpose, outcomes, readers, style, content and structure
- Apply some basic rules of grammar to your business writing
- Write a business document using plain English and the active voice
- Write clear and concise emails that follow the guidelines of ‘netiquette’
- Write well-structured reports that contain headings and subheadings
- Describe an executive summary
- Format a document so that it is easy to read or skim read
- Proofread and edit your business writing
Business Writing Training Course Content
In this module we focus on the purpose and desired outcomes of your document, as well as its readers, style and structure, so that your writing is readable, relevant and persuasive.
Writing your document
We look at a variety of writing components including language, grammar, spelling and punctuation, all of which contribute to creating a document that makes a good impression on your readers.
Emailing is a quick and convenient way of communicating, but it has many pitfalls. When you use email in business you need to be aware of some basic guidelines so that your messages are received as you intended them.
In this module we look at how to write reports that are concise, factual and readable. There is also an opportunity for you to start writing your own report.
In this module we look at headings, bullet points and layout, which are all important factors in creating a document in which the key points stand out.
Proofreading and editing
Reviewing your writing is essential to make sure that it’s complete, consistent and free from errors.
Roving one-on-one trainer
Microsoft Office Courses
- Microsoft Access Training
- Microsoft Excel Training
- Microsoft Office Training Schedule
- Microsoft Office Upgrade Training
- Microsoft OneNote Training & Courses Sydney
- Microsoft Outlook Training
- Microsoft PowerPoint Training
- Microsoft Project Training
- Microsoft Publisher Training
- Microsoft Visio Training
- Microsoft Word Training
Microsoft Training & Certification
Desktop – Non Microsoft Courses
Professional Development Courses
- Business Etiquette Training
- Change Management Training
- Creative Problem Solving Training
- Customer Service Training
- Effective Business Writing Training
- Effective Communication Skills Training
- Leadership and Influence Training
- Management Fundamentals Training
- Negotiation Skills Training
- Presentation Skills Training – Presenting with Confidence
- Project Management Training
- Time Management Training