Negotiation Skills Training Course Information
Duration: 1 Day 9am – 4:30pm Price: $530
|Negotiating Fundamentals||1 Day Course||Call for group requirement|
Target Audience & Purpose
This course is for anyone who would like better negotiation skills, either for work or for life in general.
We negotiate all the time – with family and friends, as well as colleagues, managers, clients and suppliers. This course explains the phases of negotiation, tools to use, and ways to find win-win solutions.
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch plus morning & afternoon tea
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations, and the skills needed for successful negotiating
- Understand and apply basic negotiating concepts
- Lay the groundwork for negotiation
- Identify what information to share and what to keep to yourself
- Understand basic bargaining techniques
- Apply strategies for identifying mutual gain
- Understand how to reach consensus and set the terms of agreement
- Deal with personal attacks and other difficult issues
Negotiation Skills Training Course Content
In this module we consider the two basic types and the three phases of negotiation, as well as the skills you need.
Prior to negotiating, you need to define what you hope to achieve and what you’ll settle for – and what you won’t. You also need to prepare yourself personally. We look at how to establish your bargaining position and how to create a negotiating framework.
This is the first phase in a negotiation. Learn how to state your position in a non-confrontational way and how much to reveal.
This is the heart of the negotiation process. This module explains what to expect and how to deal with an impasse. It also describes common bargaining techniques used by experienced negotiators.
In this module we focus on interests (needs) over positions (wants) – a key strategy in achieving a win-win outcome.
In this module show how to bring different ideas to a mutually agreed conclusion and how to formalise the agreement.
Dealing with difficult issues
Some people don’t play fair. In this module we explore how to prepare for the possibility that someone will try to bend the rules.
Microsoft Office Courses
- Microsoft Access Training
- Microsoft Excel Training
- Microsoft Office Training Schedule
- Microsoft Office Upgrade Training
- Microsoft OneNote Training & Courses Sydney
- Microsoft Outlook Training
- Microsoft PowerPoint Training
- Microsoft Project Training
- Microsoft Publisher Training
- Microsoft Visio Training
- Microsoft Word Training
Professional Development Courses
- Business Etiquette Training
- Change Management Training
- Creative Problem Solving Training
- Customer Service Training
- Effective Business Writing Training
- Effective Communication Skills Training
- Leadership and Influence Training
- Management Fundamentals Training
- Negotiation Skills Training
- Presentation Skills Training – Presenting with Confidence
- Project Management Training
- Time Management Training